Monday, March 26, 2012

Meet Our Models: Haven



It seems to me that I knew my vagina was friendly early on.  Because of this, I never went through a time of self-hate or rejection of my vulva.  She is beautiful, because she is part of me.  And with that early realization, I knew she was something to be protected.  But sometimes, no matter how much we try to protect ourselves, others take advantage of us.  While still a child, my vagina was violated.  It became my biggest secret – my greatest humiliation.  No matter how beautiful I thought my vulva was, I had the unshakeable shame of molestation.  The most important thing to me was to present my soul mate with my vagina – completely untouched and saved for him.  I understood it as the centermost part of me; to give it to him was to fully give myself to my lover.  It took a long time, but eventually I understood that my spirit could never be taken away.  Everything about my vagina is spiritual to me.  Now, I move to help girls be released from shame and fear of their vulvas.  To teach them how to nurture themselves and understand their pure beauty.  I seek to inform, comfort, and listen to them; to be a safe place.  To be a haven.

- Haven

2 comments:

Bex said...

oh my god! it's way more beautiful than I'd ever hoped!

and the weirdest thing is, I sent you an etsy convo about an hour ago asking you to make me a locket version before I even saw this one... so i guess the next question is, how can i buy it?

Bex said...

I totally just bought the hell out of this.