Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back from the Great Beyond

I have missed you so.
Where was I? Everywhere. I went to the doctor, I have a cyst in my breast because I drink too much coffee. Ive cut back on the coffee and its getting smaller, so most likely it will go away on its own.
Then I had a crazy weekend touring Florida.
My partner's cousin was married Friday, so we drove to Melbourne (1 hr). The next morning we helped my mom out at her coffee shop (hence my addiction) and then it was back to Orlando for marriage prep classes (eh..) where we stayed until 10:30 at night. That night we booked a hotel and packed for Tampa.
Why Tampa?
My partner had an interview for USF's med school! ;)
We left at 10 am Sunday morning, toured Tampa. Its really, really grungy. AKA, I hate it. We check in at 1:30, run right back out for a tailor. From there we go to a dinner with current med school students and a few other interviewees. They shared large amounts of useful information, because they are amazing. The next morning we were up at 6:30 am preparing. He was out the door by 7 am.
I got back in the bed but I couldn't sleep. He really wants to go to USF, so I really want him to get in. I lay there until 8 then go downstairs for a good workout. After leaving the hotel (it was an embassy suites, I felt very very fancy) I went to check out the campus to see if I would like going to school there for mental health counseling. Its grungy, but the trees are nice.
4 o clock I meet up with my partner whom is so tired all of the color is drained from his face. He's excited, he thinks everything went well. I knew I was going to have to make the 2 hour drive. I was horribly tired and needed a break. Tampa sucks and there is nothing to do, so we go to the movies to get some down time. Nothing good is playing, so despite our better judgement we see A Haunting in Connecticut. It was horrible. HORRIBLE.
Then I drove home while he read Wigfield to me.
It was back to both of my jobs the next day.

I need a nap.

No comments: