Friday, March 18, 2011

Hear Her Roar: Bri


When I was 14 years old I was sexually abused by a 25 year old man I didn't know; he did things to me that made me think that I was dirty or damaged and I was afraid of and hated my own body for a very long time. I viewed myself as disgusting and unclean, I felt that whatever innocence I had was ruined, and I couldn't look at myself anymore. I first happened upon the idea of forgiveness when I started finding that the internet had stories of many girls and women that had the same thing happen, and worse things happen to them. I decided to submit a photo of myself for use as a model buy the lovely Jessica to partly take back some power and control, and to prove to myself that I was beautiful and what happened to me was not my fault, and that it didn't ruin me. I am 19 now, and I have started to heal from the things that have hurt me, and from the fear I have, and the beautiful decoration that was modeled after me has done so much to help me down that path.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It was NOT your fault! And I wish you much healing and self love. I'm sorry someone felt they could do that to you. It is not okay and it was wrong.
You are beautiful and you are whole and you do not have to give your power away to him anymore.
You are strong beautiful Butterfly!
Spread your wings!