Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Saints of Somalia- Your daily dose of Female Empowerment

There is not a doubt in my mind: When the world finally finds peace it is going to be because of women.

 

My mother would always (and still does) tell me, "you cannot change the world".
I think it was her way of trying to normalize me. It was said with good intentions.

But think about how VLL has affected your life, your body image and your perception on your female-ness.
And I'm not special, just bull-headed.
These women are the same.

Don't ever let that feeling that you can't change the world stop you from doing it.
Imagine what would have been lost if these women accepted that?
Now, think of what will be lost if you do.

*Thanks to my amazing husband for sharing this video with me. <3

No comments: